Located on the Southwest corner of Ottawa, Barrhaven is a suburb that has multiple public parks, playgrounds, sports centres and a wide variety of recreation activities. Situated outside the greenbelt, Barrhaven was formerly a neighbourhood in the City of Nepean. Formerly an agricultural based area, this small community was developed by many commercial builders, who have seen significant growth since the 1960’s.
In Barrhaven Ottawa, condos and family homes are abundant and you can easily find one that you can afford. The price ranges from $192,000 and go up as high as $2 Million. You can even find similar real estate in Riverside and in Kanata.
Real estate in Barrhaven is known for its affordability from condos to town homes to even upscale executive homes near the gold course at Stonebridge. The older areas of Barrhaven have a refreshing change compared to most cities that use the traditional designs of a community. With amazing open parks and playgrounds combined with excellent schools Barrhaven can be an attractive place to call home. It’s one of the most popular places for family’s relocating to a place that is not only peaceful and calm, but is modern and tech-savvy as well as provides many recreational facilities.
Barrhaven offers a huge variety of various home style options for singles, families and even first time buyers. You’ll even find various condos that are up for sale as well as freehold properties. So, if you’re looking for a great size yard then Barrhaven is the best place for you.
Many of the homes in Barrhaven were constructed in the 2000's.
Barrhaven Jobs and Employment
The labour force in Barrhaven consists of a mix of occupations with an emphasis in the areas of Science, Health, Sales and Government jobs.
Is Barrhaven A Safe Neighbourhood?
Barrhaven is considered as one of the best places for young families to live, everything that you need is in close proximity from schools to parks, from stores to recreational facilities and even a well designed convenient transit system.
Barrhaven is an exceptionally well-linked City of Ottawa with amazing bus transits and road links to downtown. Barrhaven is even home to one of Ottawa’s finest rail stations located next to Fallowfield Park and Ride, and is found on the main line connecting Ottawa to Toronto. Barrhaven is also very close to the Ottawa International Airport.
Barrhaven is a community full of several fine dining restaurants, and amazing shopping centres such as the RioCan Centre located at Strandherd and Greenbank is the centre of the community filled with large stores, a huge shopping centre, restaurants and fast food, small local businesses and the Barrhaven Cineplex are perfect places to have a little family time.
Barrhaven SchoolsOTTAWA-CARLETON DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
- Adrienne Clarkson E.S. 170 Stoneway Drive, Nepean 825-8600 JK-6
- Barrhaven P.S. 80 Larkin Drive, Nepean 825-2691 JK-5
- Berrigan Elementry School 63 Slack Road, Nepean 225-0138 JK-6
- Farley Mowat P.S. 75 Waterbridge Drive, Nepean 825-3006 JK-6
- Jockvale E.S. 101 Malvern Drive, Nepean 825-1224 JK-5
- Mary Honeywell E.S. 54 Kennevale Drive, Nepean 825-4834 JK-5
- Cedarview M.S. 2760 Cedarview Road, Nepean 825-2185 6-8
- John McCrae S.S. 103 Malvern Drive, Nepean 823-0367 9-12
- Monsignor Paul Baxter 60 Mountshannon Drive, Nepean 825-7544 JK-6
- St. Andrew 201 Crestway Drive, Nepean 843-0050 JK-6
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton 41 Weybridge Drive, Nepean 825-3596 JK-6
- S. Emily 500 Chapman Mills Drive, Nepean 825-4300 JK-6
- St. Luke 60 Mountshannon Drive, Nepean 825-2520 JK-6
- St. Monica 2000 Merivale Road, Nepean 226-5174 JK-6
- St. Patrick 68 Larkin Drive, Nepean 825-4012 JK-6
- Mother Teresa H/S 440 Longfields Drive, Nepean 823-1663 7-12
- St. Joseph High School 3333 Greenbank Road, Nepean 823-4797 7-12
- Jean Robert Gauthier 1110 Longfields Drive, Nepean 820-0757 M-6
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau 601 Longfields Drive, Nepean 746-2612 M-6
For entertainment you’ll find exactly what you need in Barrhaven, from several strips of malls surrounding the entire community to a small tennis club and you’ll even find a veterinary clinic perfect for your pet. Other places for entertainment include:
• Cedarview Square
• Barrhaven Mall
• Chapman Mills Marketplace
Affectionately the locals have dubbed Barrhaven as “The Haven” or “Far Haven”; other neighbouring areas include Hunt Club, Riverside South, Manotick and Greely.
For more information about Barrhaven’s Neighbourhood and housing information you can sign-up on this page.
Here's What Some Of Our Clients Are Saying:I had the pleasure of working with Dawn on the purchase of a condo townhouse in Barrhaven.
The experience was fantastic. As I have a hectic schedule, Dawn arranged with 10 realtors to schedule visits to see 10 properties on the same day. She plotted out the properties and created a day long schedule to view them. She included properties from both ends of my affordability spectrum to ensure I had a clear understanding of what I could afford.
Her ability to focus the client on what they really want and need truly helped my buying experience. The research and effort she put in to ensure that I wasn't paying too much was also greatly appreciated.
I have bought and sold 3 homes (4 now!) with a realtor and can say that this experience was by far the fastest and most painless.
Thanks Dawn. Keep up the good work. I look forward to working with you again.