Carleton Place is a town in Eastern Ontario, about 46 kilometres west of downtown Ottawa. Carleton Place is conveniently located on the serene Mississippi River. Beautiful streetscapes, scenic trails and picturesque waterfront make this town one of a kind in the Ottawa Valley. The conveniences of the city, with the friendliness of a small town make Carleton Place a wonderful place to live.
The town of Carleton Place has a population of nearly 10,000.
Carleton Place Housing
Carleton Place offers a variety of housing including mobile homes, apartments, townhomes, duplexes, bungalows and single family detached homes for sale and rent. Rentals account for almost half of the housing in Carleton Place.
Carleton Place Jobs and Employment
Based on the total labour force, the predominant occupation is in the area of Sales and Service.
Is Carleton Place A Safe Neighbourhood?
The Good Neighbours/Great Neighbourhoods Committe is a program to create or enhance, and support, a welcoming, safe, vibrant neighbourhood. This objective is achieved through emphasizing the benefits of connecting with and looking out for neighbours and keeping neighbourhoods clean and green, and through encouraging, assisting and celebrating residents who are taking steps to accomplish these goals.
Carleton Place Schools
The Upper Canada District School Board manages public education in Carleton Place and Lanark County, while the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario is in charge of schools teaching the Catholic curriculum. Following is a list of schools in the Carleton Place area:
- Arklan Community Public School
- Beckwith Public School (located in the Township of Beckwith)
- Caldwell Street Public School
- Calvary Christian Academy (located in the Township of Beckwith)
- Carambeck Public School
- Carleton Place High School
- École Catholique J.L. Couroux (French Catholic)
- Mississippi School for the Arts (private high school)
- Notre Dame Catholic High School
- St. Mary's Catholic School
- St. Gregory's Catholic School
- T R Leger Alternative
Carleton Place Activities
Carleton Place's beautiful downtown, Historic Walking Tour, Victoria School Museum and spectacular waterfront are only a few things that draw people from near and far to this charming town.
Destination Square is where you can visit four notable attractions:
- the Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum
- the Canadian Veterans Hall of Valour
- the Museum Garden
Carambeck Community Centre consists of a gymnasium, library, community rooms and meeting rooms.
Carleton Place Arena offers public skating and has tennis courts located east of the arena.
Carleton Place Aquatic Centre consists of a main pool and a wading pool.
Parks On the Water include:
- Riverside Park which has two boat launches, a beautiful beach, volleyball court, large picnic area, and a splash pad for children.
- Mississippi RiverWalk Trail is a nature trail which runs from Princess Street to Anthony Curro Park alongside the River.
- Bell Street Park is located along the North side of the Mississippi River, enjoy sitting and watching the river flow by. This park is more catered to adults, and does not feature a children's play area. Because it is situated very close to the dam, children should be accompanied by adults at all times.
- Centennial Park includes a place to swim, picnic, play ball or use the playground.
- Hackberry Park is located on historic Mill Street, this is one of Carleton Place's most unique parks. It features the rare and beautiful Hackberry tree, left over from a time when North America was still in the tropical zone. Enjoy a picnic along the Mississippi River with a view of the dam.
- Memorial Park lies in the centre of Town, a perfect place to sit and reflect. The park is maintained by both the Town and the Royal Canadian Legion.
- St. James Park is on Bell Street is a very scenic horticultural park and lovely picnic area.
- Dog Park is a fenced in, off leash dog park. Dogs must have valid municipal dog tag.
For further information about Carleton Place housing and amenities please sign-up on this page and see what options you have for living in Carleton Place.