Located between Beechwood Drive and Sussex Drive, east of downtown Ottawa, New Edinburgh is a neighbourhood that is perfect for home buyers and homeowners who can truly appreciate its charm and historical aspect. New Edinburgh usually attracts those people who want to belong to the city, and are looking for a quieter residential area.
There’s even an Edinburgh Park where people go and have fun. The park is alongside the Ottawa River and is ideal for walking and biking.
New Edinburgh Housing
New Edinburgh is a neighbourhood that was built on values and has a strong sense of community identity. While at first this region was covered with detached homes, soon townhouses and condominiums bordered along the Rockcliffe Park from the north, which is a more favourable option for people concerning homes. The average price for a condominium in New Edinbrugh is $526,000, with prices ranging from as low as $345,000 up to $975,000.
If you’re looking for a house to buy then you’ll be offered a price range as low as $400,000 up to $1,800,000. Although condominiums are popular amongst older people and young professionals, you’ll find a lot of detached home that are perfect for families. The majority of the homes are old century homes.
New Edinburgh Jobs and Employment
The labour force in New Edinburgh consists of mostly occupations in Government, Education, Business, and Finance.
Is New Edinburgh A Safe Neighbourhood?
New Edinburgh is the perfect place to spend a day full of eating and shopping, it has numerous amazing fine dining restaurants, as well as quirky shops that may interest you. The region is home to many governmental figures such as the Prime Minister of Canada and the Governor General, and you’ll even find Stanley Park.
New Edinburgh SchoolsNew Edinburgh is home to sought after private and public schools including World IB School's Ashbury College and Elmwood School.
- Fern Hill School
- St. Brigid School
- Rockcliffe Park Public School
- Edinburgh Elementary School
- Elmwood School
- Ashbury College
- Ecole Des Adult Le Carrefour Night School
New Edinburgh Activities
New Edinburgh is famous for its shops and restaurants, especially those around Beechwood Avenue. You’ll find a range of fine dining classy restaurants to coffee shops and pubs such as the famous Second Cup. The allure of New Edinburgh is that of enjoyment and relaxation. The neighbourhood is a perfect place to sit back and relax after a hard day’s work. Some famous attractions include:
• The Clock Tower Brew Pub: located at 422 MacKay St., the Clock Tower Brew Pub is a new addition the businesses in Edinburgh it’s a great place to come and relax have drinks after eating at one of the restaurants.
• The Scone Witch: is an amazing place to get cozy by either having breakfast or lunch with sandwiches, coffee and scones on the menu. Located at 35 Beechwood Avenue.
• Thyme and Time Past Inc: this is a vintage antique shop located at the corner of MacKay St. and Beechwood Avenue. They sell everything from vintage tea sets to international textiles.
Want to know more about New Edinburgh? Please fill out the form on this page.